We got this question a lot in the last couple of weeks. Holding a going away party and then not leaving for a month makes people wonder.
As of tomorrow we dont have to answer that question anymore, hopefully.
You know why? You guessed it, we are FINALLY ready to head out. Today, we are packing up the car with last minute
purchases, like a year’s worth supply of paper towels….maybe they dont have those in the rest of the world?
In the past couple of weeks, I finished up various projects on the car:
1) installed a second gas tank – that was a b*tch, only after installing it i found a significant hole in the tank – fixed now.
2) rear bumper, can and tire carrier – went on without a hitch
3) roof rack – YRC freight lost it for a week, apparently it was shipped to Phoenix – 100 phone calls later it arrived in San Diego.
4) roof top tent
5) water tank and hot water heater
6) regular engine maintenance
7) miscellaneous stuff that took weeks to finish
Okay, time to pack the car! enjoy the rest of the photos